Task Force: White House Briefing
You have been hired as Chief of Staff for the President of the United States. You will have the opportunity to present your goals and ideas for the upcoming years. This will require coming up with a list of FIVE issues you believe the president should address and prioritize.
Why Are We Doing This?
The Chief of Staff is responsible for serving as an advisor to the President and maintaining daily tasks to ensure the success of their leader. Here, we ask you to take on ONE of the major responsibilities of the Chief of Staff by creating a list of five important things you believe the POTUS should prioritize in the next few years.
- Before you begin, research some important current events that have occurred in the last few days, weeks, and months.
- Then, try to come up with a list of FIVE issues that you believe need to be prioritized.
- What five issues have you chosen?
- What issues ended up being more important than others? Why?
- Why is each issue important given current events?
- What current events led you to include each issue on the list?
- Think through the possible objections about your list of prioritization that someone could have and how you would answer them.
- What issues have you overlooked and/or not included? How will you defend your issues over others?
- Share with the group and see if you can convince them that your list best prioritizes the five issues that the President should be prioritizing.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- You should not research five random social issues. Research 5-8 and then try to justify your prioritization.
- Consider why your chosen issues are more important than others.